Each year, home owners spend between 1%-3% of their home's value on maintenance and repair. These small tasks that are done on a regular basis will keep your home to look at its best, they also keep the bills down and prevent more costly repairs in the future. HOTT Electrics has compiled a handy checklist of tasks you should complete this Spring to help you prioritize your home maintenance.
Spring Home Maintenance
Complete these steps to make sure that your garden is flourishing and your home is cool.
- All outdoor furniture must be cleaned and cushions must be aired out.
- Remove all leaves and debris from downpipes and gutters.
- Roof and chimney must be checked for cracks or damage.
- Touch up peeling of damaged paint.
- All windows must be washed, inside and out.
- Have your lawn mower serviced.
- Fertilise your lawn.
- Make sure that the pool pump and filters are working effectively and that pH is balanced.
- Test smoke detectors and change the batteries when you move your clocks forward.
- Seasonal bedding must be washed and changed.
- Dust blinds and vacumm curtain.
- Clean bathroom and kitchen cabinets.
- All air conditioners must be professionally serviced.
- Have your switchboard inspected by a licensed electrician in Bowral.
If you want to find out more about what electrical maintenance you need for your home, please contact a master electrician as soon as you can.