Did you know THIS about these types of switchboards?

If so, did you know that you don’t have any protection against electrocution?
Electrocution is most common in homes and can be prevented.

 

Typical symptoms of electric shock

-Electrical interference and damage to the heart, which could cause the heart to stop or beat erratically
-Unconsciousness
-Difficulties in breathing or no breathing at all
-A poor, unsteady pulse or no pulse at all
-Burns, particularly entrance and exit burns (where the electricity entered and left the body)
-Sudden onset of cardiac arrest.

 

 

Here’s a few tips to reduce the risk of electric shock in your home:

- DON’T be a “diy she’d be right, I’ll just buy it from Bunnings and do it myself” kind of person
-Always hire a licensed electrician for all wiring jobs. Ask to see their license, make sure it’s up to date. 
-Don’t use extension leads or appliances if the cords are damaged or frayed.
-Don’t remove a plug from a power point by pulling on the cord – pull the plug instead. I used to always do this, now I never do. 
-Don’t modify the plug so it does fit the power point. 
-Keep electrical appliances away from wet areas. 
-Have safety switches installed by an electrician who is licensed and insured
-Press the test button on your safety switches regularly to make sure they are are actually working. They seem to get stuck on as they get older, which means they won’t work when we need them to. 
-Put safety plugs into power points not in use to keep the children from inserting objects into them.

One of the great electricians Campbelltown has to offer is HOTT Electrics! We will help you with all your household needs! CALL US NOW!

-Scott

 

Let Us Know How We Can Help

Name *
Name